How 100+ Women Who Care Works
- Each member commits to donating $100 per meeting ($200 annually).
- Donations will only be given to San Luis Obispo charities/non-profits/worthy causes serving SLO County. No national charity will be considered UNLESS it has a county chapter and can guarantee our donation remains in SLO County .
- Donations are tax deductible. Your check is written directly and given directly to the organization.
- Each attending member may submit one charity which she would like to present to the group. Only three charities/non-profits will be randomly chosen and presented at each meeting. If there is an emergency or immediate need at the time of the meeting, it may be presented as one of the three choices.
- The three members chosen will each give a 5-minute presentation (no more!) about her charity.
- All present members will cast a ballot vote for their first choice. Majority rules. All members will support the majority's choice and donate to that organization.
- If a member is unable to attend the meeting, she may give her check to another member to deliver on her behalf. Other arrangements may be made on an individual basis.
- If a charity/non-profit is not selected, it may be resubmitted at a future meeting.
- The receiving charity must agree to not use the members' names or share members' information.